Happy Birthday to my sweet boy! He turned 3 last Friday and I can't believe it! With the kids' birthdays only a week apart we have had lots of celebrations and cake in the last few weeks! Its fun to have an excuse to get our famalies together though. The following pictures are a hodge podge from some of the celebrations over the last few weeks!
I think Dakota looks terrified of all of us! Was our singing of "Happy Birthday" really that bad?
Ali and Christy were very excited to "help" him open his gifts!
Dakota wants those presents!
Ali got an adorable art desk that she LOVES as one of her gifts.
I make the cakes and icing and write the words on them and Paul decorates them. Unfortunately I don't have a better one of Ali's cake but its a Care Bear if you couldn't tell. A purple one like she requested!
And this is Dakota's "Chugga Chugga Choo Choo Train" as he refers to it!
It is such a cliche, I know, but time seems to be flying! When I think about how fast the kids are growing up I just want to yell "Stop, time, stop!" Have a great day everyone! Take a moment to give an extra hug to the kids in your life and stop and appreciate whatever "stage" they are at!
5 comments:
Those cakes are great! I tried to make one for Noah for his 1 year and it was horrible! (the deocrating, not the taste!) I think I'll either do cupcakes or buy a cake from now on! I'm very impressed with Paul helping decorate them too!
yeah Paul...thanks for setting the bar so high. :P :)
On a side note:
It's great you started a blog Mern, but it doesn't work so well if you don't tell anyone about it. :) Thankfully Sandra had it linked and Mindy happened upon it. Now we can all stalk your family...I mean keep up with your family from a state away. :)
did ali get her hair cut??????
Good job on the cakes!!!
Yep, we had 5 more inches taken off. I took her to this cute place that opened in Lafayette called "Cookie Cutters". They specialize in little kid haircuts. Usually I cut her hair myself but I didn't want to do it that short in case I messed up. And you can't really tell from the pictures but the day after we had it done she got the scissors and added her own flare to it - she lopped off a chunk of her bangs. I was so not happy!
Paul-super cool. Very impressed.
Post a Comment