Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fun Weekend!

We took a weekend away with the kids recently to Indy and had a great time! We stayed at the Holidome that has the attached indoor water park called Carribean Cove and then went to the Children's Museum. The kids loved it all though Paul and I were definately ready for some peace and quiet when we got home after being surrounded by lots of loud children for 2 days! :)
Both of our kids are huge fans of water so they were ecstatic over the water park. Ali was tall enough for the tube water slide so I took her on it for the first time. Of course she didn't want to share a double tube with mommy! She wanted her own! So we trooped to the top of the stairs and I went down first. It was quite the slide and all the way down I was thinking "This is not going to be good, she is going to be sobbing when she hits the bottom!" I couldn't have been more wrong! She loved it and we climbed those stairs probably a dozen more times. They also have a really cute toddler area with lots of things to climb and play on which is where Dakota spent most of his time! It's made for a range of ages so Ali enjoyed it also and there were actually some teenagers that spent some time climbing on it too!







At the Children's Museum the dinosaur area and the water play area were the most popular places for our kids! Ali really enjoyed the carousel ride but Dakota was none to enthused about that one! I have included some pictures to show you some of our fun adventure!!



This is Ali being the protective mama dinosuar sitting on her eggs and growling!


This is the back of the costume she is wearing!


The build your own boat area


It doesn't get much more relaxing then watching cartoons and eating Doritoes in bed!

And of course we had to stop for supper and ice cream on the way home!





5 comments:

Sandra said...

looks like lots of fun had by all....Im glad to see you are still around....I check your blog all the time and you hadn't updated in forever....glad you are back:)

Mindy said...

That looks like a fun place! Keep that in mind for one of our get together weekends in the future! As all of our kids get older that would be a really fun place to go!

Sandra said...

ok, question....how do you get more than 5 pictures in one post?? I think mine only allows 5...so fill me in on how you did more than 5.

Mindy said...

Sandra-

Do your regular 5 pictures and upload them and click done. After they appear on your post you can click the picture icon again and add 5 more etc... Does that make sense?

Miranda said...

I really have no idea how Sandra! I just kept telling it to add another picture and it did. I do know I didn't do them all at once tho - I would upload a few, space them and type around them and then upload a few more.