I have no pictures to go along with this post so I guess I will just have to try and use words which will help you develope a mental picture! Paul, the kids and I headed over to my parents' today with Pizza Hut pizza (my mom's favorite) to celebrate Mother's Day slightly early. It also happened to be Prom Night for my brother so we got to see him all "dressed to the nines" which was fun! And I think he looked very handsome too!
Anyway - my parents had a large jacuzzi tub put into their bathroom not long ago that my kids think is just a blast to take a bath in. They can basically swim in the thing is sucha good size! So after dinner and dessert they jumped in as it was filling with water. I was across the room when Ali hopped out for some reason and as she climbed back in she hit one of the control buttons (anybody wanna guess where this story is headed?). Since the tub wasn't full enough to cover all the jets yet, water started shooting EVERYWHERE, including all the way across the room at me and soaking me! I run over to the tub to try to switch it off and I can't figure out how because I have never used the tub! Water is literally FLYING around the room. One of the jets is seriously a geyser of water! (which happens to be the one I was in the direct line of fire for when this all started!) I don't think I can even really describe how hard and how much water it was spraying! The kids are screaming which Paul hears from the other room so he runs in to try to help but he can't figure it out ethier. I start hollering for mom, (all the while getting even more wet!) who was in the office looking at pictures on her digital camera. When she hears the screaming she comes running, with camera in hand. She is yelling "turn it off." And I am yelling back " I don't know how!". She is trying to turn it off and hold her camera out of the way at the same time. She hands the camera to Paul and tells him to get it out of there. I grab a towel and try to block the worst geyser of water from shooting across the room.
At this point even mom can't get it to turn off because appearantly the buttons are malfunctioning and it won't turn off. So she tells me to call my dad on his cell and ask if he knows if there is any way for her to shut it off. She was also worried about burning the motor up since you aren't supposed to run it without the water being over the jets. About the time I get the phone in hand and begin to dial, she finally gets it to shut off! Sheesh! And during all this craziness my daughter was saying "This isn't bad... it's COOL!"
The bathroom was a MESS! I plopped the kids back in the tub and mom and I grabbed towels and started mopping up the mess. It had gotten into some of the cabinets and drawers, the floor was puddled, the trash needed drained and there was water just running down the walls and cabinet fronts!! Pretty soon Paul, who had gone back to the living room after we got the water off, sticks his head in and asks if we have more towels. Appearantly, the water was leaking through the floor and Paul said it looked like it was raining in the basement!! Then he realized that the cabinets in the basement under moms bathroom had also been soaked and there was like 2 inches of standing water in it, which also is where mom keeps her cake baking supplies. So after mom and I get the bathroom mostly dried up, I finished bathing the kids and she headed to the basement to help Paul dry that stuff out! It was pure craziness!!!! I was afraid to touch ANYTHING on that tub after that for fear of setting that thing off again!
What a night! I bet when we left my mom sat in a chair and just realished the quietness!
Happy Mother's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I just had to laugh....you sure do find great ways to celebrate your mothers day:) HEE HEE. That was just to funny, but man, I bet you were just sick to your stomach though.
Oh Miranda that would only happen to you. And I can totall see alli thinking it was cool. she was probably just laughing!
That is too funny! I can imagine the chaos of this happening! I can't believe that so much water sprayed out that it was soaking through the floor...crazy!
Oh my...I'm glad Alexandria had fun at least. ;0)
Tell your mom I can TOTALLY relate. One Sunday we came home from church to the sound of a WATERFALL! A pipe in our bathroom had broken. An inch of water covered the floor, cabinet and of course it was POURING in the basement, we had a half inch of water down there. I had tons of books that got ruined. It took days for everything to dry out. She has my sympathy, and you too, that had to be a nightmare to clean up!
Post a Comment