So, we are settling into our school days routine around here! Ali rides to school with a friend and I pick her up after school. Things have been running pretty smoothly.... until today! I was going about my afternoon just fine, until I looked at the clock and realized time had slipped by and I had FORGOTTEN TO GO GET ALI FROM SCHOOL!
I am a bit of a dramatic person so I, of course, panicked a little. I grabbed the phone to call the school and the conversation went something like this....
Secretary: "Hello?"
Me: "I forgot to pick up my daughter!" (no Hello or anything, I just blurted it out!)
Secretary: "Who is this?"
Me: "Mrs. Virkler, I mean Miranda Virkler" ( I never call myself Mrs. Virkler, not sure why I did this time!)
Secretary: "You normally pick her up?"
Me: "Yes."
I am pretty sure at this point she was thinking I was a lunatic! Anyway - she had someone look to see if she is waiting outside and at this point I am near tears because feel so bad. She was just waiting outside so they said they would bring her back in until I got there. I raced around finding clothes for Dakota, becasue of course he was sitting in just his underwear ( a whole other story :))
We get to the school and she comes out,
"Mommy, where WERE you?"
Me: "I am SO sorry honey! Mommy forgot! Were you scared?"
Ali: "No - just sad."
AAUUUGGGHHH! As if I didn't feel bad enough already, when she said that my heart just broke!
I bet for a while now I will be watching the clock like a hawk in the afternoon because I will be paranoid about doing that again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
even us mommy's make mistakes. Don't be hard on yourself. She loves you all the same. Yeah, you probably will watch the clock like a hawk:)
Oh Mern! I feel for you...a simple mistake that makes you feel terrible! I agree with Sandra...don't be too hard on yourself!
Just an idea...my mom always set the timer on the stove so she would remember to pick me up from school.
Post a Comment