Monday, October 22, 2012

Catch Up - Virkler Vacation

I didn't keep up with blogging very well over the summer, so I am trying to do some catching up! :)

Virkler Vacation was in July.  It was HOT!  So we were very thankful to have the lake within walking distance and even better, a private pool in the backyard!


 A small are where lake water flowed into and made a perfect small spot for the toddlers to splash around.

 My father-in-law rented a jet ski and two paddle boards one day.  Paddle boarding is way tougher then it looks. Especially when my 7 and 9 year old insisted on RIDING it while I was trying to figure it out.  Sorry, no pictures of that!  :)

 We spent plenty of time in the private pool!


 
 Time for mom to insist on a picture. :)
We went putt-putting one evening.  Even though we waited until like 8 pm to go, it was still miserable hot.  We were melting almost as soon as we left our vehicles. The kids seemed to enjoy it!


 Ali isn't covered in sweat, she just fell in a part of the water on the putt-putt course trying to retrieve her ball.  It was quite hilarious and I laughed until I cried.  
 Also, to the delight of my sons, we visited an outdoor train museum where you can take train rides.  The noise was a bit much for them but they loved everything else!



They had three train sizes, small, medium and large.  A few of the kids wanted to ride the small one and the dads were kind enough to be brave enough to go with them.  It was quite the site! :)  It wasn't a small round track either.  You sit on this little train and go through woods and such.  
\

No comments: