Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Before and After

We are very thankful for the mature landscape this house has, but some of it is getting a bit overgrown.  Such as a few of the trees in front of the house. :)  After some hard work this weekend, we've cleared them out and now we have some great natural light to the rooms at the front of the house! 
Before

 After

And here's some pictures during the working phase!  It didn't take as long as I thought but it was certainly some heavy work.  We also moved some more furniture into the house that night which added to the heavy lifting of course!






Paul claims that after we removed the Japanese Maple from in front of the windows he had a moment of "What have we done?!?!" thinking, but it passed fairly quickly and we are both happy with the results!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a huge difference! Looks much cleaner and fresh now. I would have had a hard time cutting down the Japanese Maple too. They are beautiful.

bri said...

Looks much better! :) Definitely was too big for the front of the house!

Sandra said...

Where have I been??? Didn't notice this post till now. I love before and after pictures. You need to do the inside of the house next:).
I too had a moment when I thought oh they should have made that maple just way smaller and left it there, but after looking at it again, I think you made the right choice. Although Im all for small ornamental trees so maybe in the future a tiny tree might look nice for height among some perennials like a small cherry blossom or a crab apple. Their flowers are so pretty in the spring and the cherries are beautiful in the winter:). Nothing big though as I love those front windows too:)

Joel Virkler said...

Not sure how I missed this post. I was on An's and noticed your post title and didn't think I had read it. The trees looked nice, but I'm all about natural light :) Can't wait to see it in person!

Joel Virkler said...

hmmmm. that wasn't my husband that commented, in case you couldn't tell from the wording or the smiley!