Saturday, October 2, 2010

"Life Changing"

As I am sure most of you know, yesterday was life changing for my family. My Dad fell from around 30 ft. off a grain bin, landing on the auger below. Surgery on his spine is today around noon. But he is alive and that in itself is a miracle! So many have expressed that they are praying and there are no words to describe how thankful we are for that. So many people have jumped up to help and do whatever they can and again it can't be expressed how thankful we are for that.

Those words "life changing" were uttered by my Dad as he lay in that Trauma Unit yesterday. So true.

Please keep praying!

5 comments:

Beverly Huber said...

Our prayers and love will continue of your dear Dad and the family. May the Lord be very near to each of you, one day at a time.

We love you,
John and Bev

Mindy said...

we continue to pray for you all!

Ashton said...

I'm so sorry about the accident. We're praying too.

Sandra said...

Oh miranda....memories flood my mind of many years ago with mom. To know what it felt like to hear about your dad. To be rushing to the hospital with family gathered round in prayer and hopes and an emotional ride you are on. To not know the outcome or extent of injuries. The waiting of suregery. The recovery time that is approaching your family. AND the amazing amount of support and love that your family is feeling. Is that not beyond words!! Your mom and dad were ALWAYS at the hospital for my mom. The love that your mom and dad showed...simply amazing!!
My dear miranda...know that I am here, I will help in anyway possible, and I will give you a shoulder to cry on when you need one:). Nick and I are praying very hard. Even my boys have Bruce(Ali's grandpa-elijah says this) and(my sunday school teacher's dad -Caden says this) in their prayers.
Your title of the post really and truly does SAY IT ALL!!!! Life Changing!!!
We love you!!!

Joy said...

We are praying for you too. The power of prayer is an amazing thing! God can do so much more than what they doctors say. We love you all!